Tuesday, May 12, 2009

David Archuleta--Yes, David Archuleta!


For Mother's Day, my son and daughter-in-law gave me the David Archuleta CD. From the first time I saw that boy on American Idol, I have been a fan. I have also suffered untold derision for expressing this adoration to my family. Yes, true enough, I am a 59-year old woman, a grandmother, an educated individual with a responsible job. Perhaps my tastes should be more refined and mature, but David Archuleta is just so dad-burned cute and talented! "Sweet" is trite, but that's what David Archuleta is.

When David Archuleta speaks, he is an awkward, bumbling, pubescent boy. When he opens his mouth to sing, however, he is transformed instantly, magically. If I were sixteen or seventeen (oh, let's be honest--even twenty-five) and lucky enough to be in the audience when he sang "Touch My Hand", I might sprint up on stage and touch his hand!

I'm actually old enough to be David's grandmother. Imagining my own little grandma going ga-ga over, let's say, Elvis Presley in 1959 when she was 59, or my no-nonsense mother having a little infatuation with Jon Bon Jovi in 1989 when she was 59 makes me smile a bunch.

1 comment:

Tierra Wakefield said...

You might've paid money to see Adriel's expression when I showed him your David shrine to the side of your blog.